Quick goals update:
- Work on SWMF for 30 minutes on 5/7 days. DONE
- Work on the YA novel for 30 mins on 5/7 days. DONE (6/7 days)
- Start editing the YA novel. I haven’t quite started yet, but I have been using the set of blog posts I mentioned last time to prepare for it.
- Figure out a writing plan for June. Haven’t really done this. Possibly I need a writing plan for July instead.
- Spend 15 minutes a day working on admin and finances. DONE.
- Enter a competition or submit some writing. DONE.
Remembering Oluwale, a book featuring responses to the story of David Oluwale in the form of short stories and poems, was published on Friday. It features my story, Touch, along with lots of other great short stories and poems – I think I’ll have to post a review at some point, because it looks to be filled with interesting and emotive takes on matters of social justice, racism, homelessness, mental ill-health, as relevant today as they were during David Oluwale’s lifetime. I’m really proud to have been a part of this project, and am looking forward to delving into the rest of the contributions.
I also attended the launch party, which was exciting if a little terrifying – there are some photos here. So much fun to meet other writers who’d been involved in the project. I also got some lovely feedback on my story, which was hugely encouraging.
OK, onto goals for this week:
- Work on SWMF for 30 minutes on 5/7 days.
- Work on the YA novel for 30 minutes on 5/7 days.
- Start editing the YA novel.
- Keep thinking about a writing plan/writing goals for June and July.
- Spend 15 minutes a day on admin and finances.
- Submit some writing somewhere.