Last week’s goals:
- Work on SWMF for 30 minutes on 5/7 days. Done on, um, 2/5 days.
- Work on the YA novel for 30 minutes on 5/7 days. Done on 2/5 days.
- Start editing the YA novel. Done.
- Keep thinking about a writing plan/writing goals for June and July. Done.
- Spend 15 minutes a day on admin and finances. Done.
- Submit some writing somewhere. Not done.
Mmm, I’ve had a bit of a lazy week – or rather, I took on too much freelance work, which meant I was too concerned with paid deadlines to squeeze in some writing first on most days. I’ve still made a bit of progress, but not as much as I’d like (is it EVER as much as one would like?). I’m disappointed with myself for not submitting anything, especially after the boost of seeing my writing in print for the first time.
This week I think I need to start protecting my writing time better. I’ve done loads of paid work, and have also hopefully sorted out some invoicing issues with one of my clients, so I have less to worry about on that score. I still have too much work to do in the early part of this week, but after that, it’s up to me to only take on work I can manage within reasonable hours.
Onto this week’s goals:
- Work on SWMF for at least 30 minutes on 5/7 days.
- Work on the YA novel for at least 30 minutes on 5/7 days.
- Post a review or some sort of reaction post about the Remember Oluwale anthology while it’s still fresh in my mind.
- Restrict my paid work to reasonable hours (I have a number in mind here, but don’t feel like going into it publicly).
- Submit something somewhere.
- Spend 15 minutes a day on admin and finances.