Another quick check-in. Last week’s goals:
- Work on SWMF on 6/7 days. (Done on 5/7 days. I let my workload get on top of me yesterday.)
- Decide on another competition to enter or submission process, and work on it for at least 2 x 30 minutes. (Only managed 1 x 30 minutes.)
- Spend 20 minutes a day reading through the YA novel on 6/7 days. (Done on 5/7 days.)
Fairly pleased with that, although I’m still a little frustrated at how “light” it all feels. Not helped by pulling out an old short story that I used to rather like, and deciding it was pretentious and lightweight. Still, the point of going over old writing is to make it better.
OTOH I have been reading through the YA novel and it’s not as bad as I thought. And I’m full of ideas for what I want to do with the next draft.
Goals for next week:
- Work on SWMF on 6/7 days.
- Finish another two scenes in SWMF.
- Work on submissions for at least 2 x 30 minutes.
- Continue reading through the YA novel for 20 minutes a day on 6/7 days.